The Akillian Gallery is a visually welcoming space designed to host exhibits, lectures, and meetings. Throughout the year, exhibitions of student works, faculty artists and craftspeople, as well as local and regional artists are planned. The Akillian Gallery is available to local community organizations on a limited basis.
We welcome your exhibition proposals and artwork submissions. Please forward your materials to the Akillian Gallery, 900 Randolph Street, Canton MA 02021, or email them to Eunice Hurd email@example.com
We are pleased to provide friends and supporters the opportunity to contribute to the Friends of the Akillian to help support the mission of the gallery. If you would like to donate, please contact the Gallery Coordinator, Eunice Hurd
History of the Akillian
The Akillian Gallery opened in the Spring of 2003, and is named in memory of James Akillian, who spent more than twenty years as Assistant Dean and Business Manager at the Canton campus of Massasoit Community College. A plaque dedicated to his honor is proudly displayed as you enter the gallery. This visually welcoming space, uniquely designed to maximize natural light, minimize structural elements and encourage an intimate art experience, hosts numerous exhibitions, lectures, and meetings throughout the year. Exhibitions include works by Masasoit visual arts students and faculty, as well as local art associations and regional artists. The Akillian is available to local community organizations on a limited basis. Please inquire.
The Akillian Gallery serves as an exhibition and meeting space for Massasoit Community College. Exhibitions are booked and promoted by the Gallery Coordinator. It is the mission of the gallery to:
- Support the mission of the college.
- Offer culturally diverse art experiences for the college community and the general public.
- Promote the college by highlighting its exhibition program, and therefore increase the public visibility of Massasoit Community College.
- Provide a visually stimulating environment, and an educational resource for the visual arts program at Massasoit Community College, as well as a cultural venue for the general public.
- Enhance the local art community by providing patrons with programming of interest, and increasing exposure for exhibiting artists.